Nerd's Eye View
This month we review the January 2017 blog posts, specifically the following four: (1) 3 Types Of Retirement And Their Very Different Savings Strategies (2) Squaring-The-Survival-Curve And What It Means For Retirement Planning, (3) Social Security Full Retirement Age Increases For First Time Since 2005, and (4) Adopting A Two-Dimensional Risk Tolerance Assessment Process.
- LO #1: Identify the three different types of retirement.
- LO #2: Identify the differing importance of disability insurance based on type of retirement.
- LO #3: Identify how survival curves have changed in recent history.
- LO #4: Identify the 2017 change in Social Security Full Retirement Age (FRA).
- LO #5: Identify the two dimensions of risk tolerance.
Level of Complexity:
- CFP: General Principles of Financial Planning / Investment Planning / Retirement Planning
- NASBA: Specialized Knowledge (Personal Financial Planning)
- CE: 1.0 hour
- CPE (recommended): 1.5 hours
INSTRUCTIONAL DELIVERY METHODS:
CFP, PFS, or comparable financial planning education.
HOW HOURS ARE DETERMINED:
- CFP CE credit determined based on word count.
- NASBA recommended CPE determined based on word count.
Access to self-study courses is offered as a benefit of Kitces.com membership. Our catalog lists individual courses which may be completed by members.
We offer a 100% refund through earlier of 90 days or your second CE/CPE quiz.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION POLICY:
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFFICIAL NASBA SPONSOR STATMENT:
Kitces.com is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.