Kitces Financial Planning Value Summit 2022
See How Successful Advisors Are Communicating And Demonstrating The Ongoing Value Of Financial Planning
Registrants of the December 8 Summit have been sent a recording of the live event.
See How Successful Advisors Are Demonstrating Their Value To Clients
Instead of telling you what you ‘should’ be doing as an advisor, our Kitces Summit guests are all practicing financial advisors who will actually show you what actions they’ve taken to demonstrate their upfront and ongoing financial planning value to clients, so you can see what’s really possible for yourself.
The transition from “pure” investment management services to providing more holistic financial planning has been underway for more than a decade, as advisory firms either try to expand their value to defend against fee compression, or increasingly offer advice as a standalone service to generate standalone advice fees. Yet the challenge is that historically, financial planning was always paid via subsequent product implementation, or as a part of an AUM fee… such that advisors have never really had to ‘prove’ their financial planning value the way they do now with a more fee-for-service approach.
At the Kitces Financial Planning Value Summit, you’ll have a chance to see what ongoing financial planning value looks like when it’s done successfully, with a unique behind the scenes look at real financial advisors’ tactics to demonstrate their value upfront to prospects and ongoing with clients.
No vendors. No sponsors. Just a series of 30-minute real conversations between our co-hosts – Michael Kitces and Taylor Schulte – and our expert guests, financial advisors who will screenshare their actual financial planning deliverables and show how they communicate their value to prospects and clients.
30-Minute, Real World Conversations With Advisors Who Know What Success Looks Like
Each guest will screenshare their actual strategies and show how they communicate value to prospects before they engage, during ongoing client meetings, and between meetings throughout the year.
Get ready for a unique behind-the-scenes look at strategies that demonstrate the ongoing value of financial planning.
Providing A Financial Self-Assessment To Clients To Make Value More Tangible
Providing a financial self-assessment to clients to show value during client review meetings and make value more tangible.
By developing this assessment, Tiffany is able to show planning value during meetings, make value more tangible, decrease internal client meeting prep time, solidify the firm’s high client retention rate, and reduce the number of post-meeting follow-up tasks.
In her session, Tiffany will show:
- The exact list of questions and answers she developed for the assessment and the strategic process for selecting them
- Where the assessment fits in to the firm’s client review meeting preparation workflow and how clients interact with it
- The technology that powers the assessment and the metrics they track to monitor the process
- What the client deliverable actually looks like and how results are presented
- How the assessment has evolved over the years through iterative improvements
Implementing An Annual Service Process To Consistently Demonstrate Value During Ongoing Review Meetings
Leveraging the annual client service process to demonstrate value to clients, create a better experience, and produce more consistent outcomes.
In the last 12 months, Kyle used his Annual Client Service Process to add 14 new clients and $150,000+ in new, recurring annual revenue.
In his session, Kyle will show:
- What his annual client service process looks like month by month and why he created it
- An in-depth review of the workflow and checklist his team follows to ensure the process is implemented efficiently and creates a good experience for clients
- What technology is used to power the process, including real-life examples of financial planning modules used with clients throughout the year
- How the process has evolved over time, key lessons learned, and improvements he plans to make in the future
Using A Client-Facing Task Manager To Help Recommendations Get Implemented
Using a client-facing task manager to show his financial planning value to clients in between formal review meetings and help them take action.
In the last 12 months, Jake used this process to add 28 new clients and $192,500 of recurring client revenue.
In his session, Jake will show:
- How he uses a unique client-facing task management system to create a good client onboarding experience, show his planning value, and provide accountability to clients throughout the year.
- What the client-facing dashboard looks like, how it is built, and the standardized template he uses as a starting point for every new client
- How his team uses the system with the client throughout the year in conjunction with their CRM to ensure nothing falls through the cracks and the client follows through on their assigned tasks
- How he uses this interactive task manager to quickly create a one-page summary at the end of the year showing the client everything that they accomplished together
Automating Value-Added Client Communications Throughout The Year By Weaving Together Out-of-the-Box Tech
Automating value-added client communications throughout the year (in between meetings) by weaving together out-of-the-box tech.
In the last 12 months, Michael used his automations to add $50 million in Assets Under Management and increased client referrals from 4 per quarter to 4 per month.
In his session, Michael will show:
- What his exact step-by-step process is for creating and publishing weekly client education emails
- How he uses client education emails to collect real-time updates from clients, learn about new pain points or concerns, and then use the information collected throughout the year to quickly populate agendas for the next review meeting
- How he has integrated several different out-of-the-box technology platforms to create a successful, repeatable process that enables him to efficiently show his value to clients between formal review meetings
Building A (Modularized) Financial Planning Pitchbook To Better Convey The Value Of Financial Planning To Prospects
Using a financial planning “pitchbook” to demonstrate his value to prospects and successfully convert them to clients.
In the last 24 months, Jason used his pitchbook and sales process to add $400,000+ in new recurring annual revenue.
In his session, Jason will show:
- A breakdown of his 4-step sales process and where the financial planning pitchbook
- What the financial planning pitchbook looks like, how it’s presented, and an explanation of each of the different sections
- Real-life examples of sample plans, client case studies, and hyper-specific planning modules to help show his value to prospective clients during the validation stage of his sales process
Creating Client Engagement Standards To Set Service Expectations And Attract The Right Prospects
Providing Client Engagement Standards (and Investment Philosophy document) to show her value to prospects, set proper expectations, and ensure she is taking on the right clients.
Carolyn’s Client Engagement Standards have helped her maintain a high client retention rate, losing only 13 clients in 20 years (mostly due to death not being fired).
In her session, Carolyn will show:
- What are Client Engagement Standards, why she created them, and where they fit in her new client data gathering process
- Her detailed process for reviewing the Client Engagement Standards with prospective clients
- Mistakes and pitfalls to watch out for when implementing Client Engagement Standards
- By using her client engagement standards, Carolyn only attracts ideal clients for her firm which results in minimal client turnover
What Others Have Said About Kitces Summits
Purchase The Recording Of This Event
Kitces Premier Members Receive 25% Off
The General Admission Ticket is discounted with an exclusive Kitces Member Code.
Kitces Premier Member Price
General Admission Price
Become a Premier Member
Kitces.com Premier Membership includes Kitces-Courses discounts, free monthly webinars, over 100 Hours of CE on-demand, CFP ethics, and more!
Discounts are available for group enrollments. Additional discounts apply with a Kitces Premier Group Membership .