From time to time, Michael Kitces of Kitces.com has positions available for hire, either associated with Kitces.com itself, or one of Michael’s related businesses.
Current Career Opportunities At Kitces.com
*This position has been filled. Please stay tuned for future opportunities*
About Us: Kitces.com is the leading financial planning industry blog, producing award-winning blog commentary on financial planning strategies and practice management trends for financial advisors, ranked as the most Influential, Objective, Relevant, and Useful content amongst any online media publication for financial advisors. Our Members Section provides additional webinars, research white papers, advisor resources, and the opportunity for financial planning professionals to earn continuing education credits, and we are invited to speak regularly at financial advisor conferences across the country to present our original research and insights, all in pursuit of our mission of Making Real Financial Advisors Better, And More Successful.
About You: You believe that behind every leader is a team empowering that leader, and you are excited to be the one at the center of making that happen. You gatekeep graciously, manage calendars carefully, plan logistics logically, and support skillfully. All with the utmost integrity, discretion when dealing with sensitive information, and the ability to command trust and respect in all communications. You believe that being an Executive Assistant is about far more than being an ‘assistant’ to an executive, and instead view yourself as an enabler for leaders to be a part of making great things happen.
About The Role: The Kitces.com Executive Assistant will work directly with Founder and Editor-In-Chief Michael Kitces to help maximize his time and impact on the Kitces.com platform and related Kitces businesses, by working to proactively protect Michael’s time and channel Michael’s focus and energy towards key business objectives, while providing some additional support regarding questions from our Kitces.com Members and to the Kitces Team.
This entirely virtually-based staff position (work from anywhere, no relocation required!) will work directly with Founder and Editor-In-Chief, Michael Kitces.
The Executive Assistant will generally only need to work during standard (east coast) business working hours, but may need to provide occasional support during an evening or weekend based on Michael’s travel and business schedule.
The Executive Assistant will have the following core areas of functional responsibility:
Primary Executive Assistant responsibilities:
– Support Michael’s email inbox, including routing questions or inquiries to the appropriate department, and responding directly on Michael’s behalf where feasible
– Manage Michael’s calendar, including scheduling events, meetings, calls, and travel logistics
– Meeting prep, including gathering relevant materials, call-in numbers, video links, etc.)
– Manage Michael’s travel logistics, including flights, accommodations, and ground transportation, and associated travel receipts and expense reporting
– Support Michael on the development of relevant business data reporting and dashboards
Secondary Member Support responsibilities:
– Field basic Members Section support inquiries to help Members find/access desired content and resources
– Answer inbound questions from potential new Members about our Kitces Members Section offerings
Secondary Kitces Team Support responsibilities:
– Assist in travel arrangements and travel expense reporting for other Kitces Team speakers
– Arrange for employee and external gift selection and delivery where appropriate
– Support on Team Retreat logistics and event management
Key Candidate Traits
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision, have a very strong attention to detail, exceptional written communication skills, and the ability to help create systems and structure to manage complexity.
Candidates must exhibit effective communication within our virtual team as well. While daily tasks are completed independently, at Kitces.com we strive to bring those tasks together smoothly to achieve common goals.
Prior experience in an Executive Assistant role is highly preferred but not required.
Candidates local to or willing to move to Bozeman, Montana, are preferred, but location is not required.
Careers At Kitces-Related Businesses
For current job opportunities at XY Planning Network and our related businesses, click here.
For current job opportunities at AdvicePay, click here.
For current opportunities for financial advisors at New Planner Recruiting, click here.