From time to time, Michael Kitces of Kitces.com has positions available for hire, either associated with Kitces.com itself, or one of Michael’s related businesses.
Career Opportunities At Kitces.com
Michael Kitces of Kitces.com and the Nerd’s Eye View blog is hiring for a unique Research Associate position!
This entirely virtually-based staff position (work from anywhere, no relocation required!) will work directly with Michael Kitces, and be responsible for a blend of research support for The Kitces Report white papers, Nerd’s Eye View blog, educational live presentations and webinars, and various Journal research submissions. Support duties will include both raw research and analysis, assisting in the writing process, and crafting the resulting information into graphs, charts, and other visual elements.
Additional responsibilities of the Research Associate will include supporting the CE submission process for Kitces.com content, including crafting CE quizzes, creating outlines and learning objectives, and assisting with any other related CE qualification requirements.
The Research Associate will also be expected to assist in the creation and maintenance of an array of digital content, including formatting and editing newsletter materials, blog posts, and Powerpoint presentation content. A growing responsibility for producing original and co-authored articles, including blog content and Journal research submissions, is expected over time. Candidates interested in presenting may have public speaking opportunities over time as well, if desired.
Further description of responsibilities are indicated below.
– Research support for Nerd’s Eye View blog and The Kitces Report white papers
– Spot research on blog posts and/or white paper content as necessary
– Edit/review white papers and blog posts for technical accuracy and typos/grammar fixes
– Create CE quizzes for newsletters and webinars
– Craft standalone educational/teaching support materials for presentations & white paper subscribers
– Work with graphic designer to create graphic images & concept illustrations for all content (presentations, white papers, and blog posts)
– Support for original research for Journal articles, including working on analysis and literature reviews
– Assisting in preparation of written research for Journal (and SSRN) submission
– Primary responsibility for maintaining registration/accreditation as a CE sponsor for various CE types/entities
– Posting articles from guest blog posts
– Formatting/editing and cleanup, and graphic additions, for regular blog posts
– Potential light amount of video or audio editing responsibilities
– Additional graphics-related assistance as needed
– Cross-training on core operational tasks with other team members
– Create periodic original content contributions for the Nerd’s Eye View blog
– Co-author original Journal research articles and support submission/approval process
Key Candidate Traits
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision, have a strong desire for continuous learning and doing research, a natural interest in coming up with creative ways to present and deliver information, and be highly effective in written communications and original writing on technical financial planning topics. A high level of expertise in Excel is required, and additional research/modeling capabilities in other supporting software (e.g., MatLab) are preferred.
Candidates should also have a high comfort level in creating graphics and visuals, including charts and graphs in Excel, managing images and animations in Powerpoint, and be willing to learn basic audio and video editing. Familiarity with blogging Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress) is preferred but not required.
Completion of CFP education required, Master’s degree or Ph.D. in related subject matter preferred. Direct planning experience with clients is a positive, but not required.
– Base salary $45,000/year – $60,000/year depending on background/experience
– Available bonus up to 10% of base salary, determined by meeting key business metrics
– $2,000 budget for additional financial planning education (i.e., post-CFP designations/certifications)
– $1,000 budget for additional skills training/education
– $2,000 conference budget
– Paid membership in Financial Planning Association
– Supporting co-authorship credit for submitted Journal articles where involved in research and writing
– 12 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays
– No separate health insurance or retirement benefits available at this time
Submit your resume and cover letter (or any questions about the opportunity) to email@example.com. Candidates can also submit an up-to-3-minute video introduction for consideration in the initial screen process.
Careers At Related Businesses
For currently available positions at Pinnacle Advisory Group, click here.
For current opportunities for financial advisors at New Planner Recruiting, click here.