From time to time, Michael Kitces of Kitces.com has positions available for hire, either associated with Kitces.com itself, or one of Michael’s related businesses.
Current Career Opportunities At Kitces.com
Associate Financial Planning Nerd (No longer accepting applications)
About Us: Kitces.com publishes the leading financial planning industry blog, Nerd’s Eye View, which produces original research and award-winning commentary on financial planning strategies and practice management trends for financial advisors. It is ranked as the most influential, objective, relevant, and useful content amongst any online media publication for financial advisors. Our Members Section provides additional white papers, webinars, and the opportunity for financial planning professionals to earn continuing education credits, and we are invited to speak regularly at financial advisor conferences across the US and around the world to present our analysis and insights.
The Kitces platform is growing and evolving. As a result, we are looking for people who seek to be challenged to learn, grow, try new things, and who will bring fresh perspectives to the team.
Kitces.com is hiring an Associate Financial Planning Nerd to support Lead Financial Planning Nerd, Jeffrey Levine, as a supporting financial and tax planning subject matter expert in Levine’s research, planning, writing, presenting, and other responsibilities under Kitces.com, Levine’s Fully Vested Advice and his various other business relationships. In addition, the successful candidate will support the development of educational products and advisor resources for Kitces.com and will report directly to the Director of Advisor Education on the Kitces team (while maintaining a primary responsibility towards supporting Jeffrey Levine).
So if the idea of being able to just ‘nerd out’ on financial planning, tax strategies, and research excites you, you enjoy sharing your learning journey with others (and figuring out the best way to teach and communicate those concepts), are excited to directly support a well-known thought leader with your own high-level expertise, and want to join the most trusted source of quality and relevant information in the financial planning industry (as well as a team that actually lives by the values they talk about)… then this is the job for you!
This full-time, entirely virtually-based staff position (work from anywhere, no relocation required!) will report to the Director of Advisor Education as a member of the Education department, and work directly with Jeffrey Levine and other Kitces.com team members.
Core responsibilities include following:
– Conduct research, analysis, review, technical assistance, support and expertise for the revision and creation of presentations, articles, videos, courses, advisor resources and learning products
– Build new PowerPoint slide presentations based on existing articles and other site content
– Identify and research topics that can be used to create new written, video, and course content
– Work with other Kitces-team subject matter experts, presenters, and instructors to identify and organize information necessary to the creation of advisor learning products and resources
‘Savvy’ IRA/Tax Planning- (via Horsesmouth, LLC) Related Tasks
– Help answer subscriber questions
– Assist with the creation and distribution of the monthly newsletters
– Identify topics for short monthly PowerPoints delivered virtually by Jeffrey Levine through the use of voice over audio
– Update, review, develop and create presentations, Manuals, Guides, handouts, and other program material
Fully Vested Advice-Related Tasks
– May reformat and condense Jeffrey Levine’s Nerd’s Eye View articles for publication in other media or support the editorial team in doing so
– Coordinate revisions and upkeep of FullyVestedAdvice.com
– Ensure articles written by Jeffrey Levine across all platforms are posted or linked to FullyVestedAdvice.com
– Link to articles and media appearances with Jeffrey
– Provide video editing support for FullyVestedAdvice.com and/or Social Media (Training will be provided, if needed)
– Assist in the creation of educational initiatives
– Additional responsibilities will be assigned as necessary
Key Candidate Traits
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision (autonomous), have an extremely strong inclination for continuous learning (self-development), an immaculate attention to detail (organized and efficient), a service mindset (seeks to collaborate and to help and support others), and an ability to work in a changing environment (adaptability). We are a team that lives by our values, our support of one another and our commitment to the community we serve. The successful candidate will share these values.
In addition, the candidate should be highly adept at both written and verbal communication to educate, and have the ability to adapt their mindset and communication style to different personality types and work styles as well as enjoy building relationships with representatives from external organizations, firms and associations.
Above all, the candidate should have an intrinsic desire to help others, serve our members and advance the real financial advisor community.
The successful candidate should be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), earned the Enrolled Agent (EA), or have completed a Master’s program in taxation, and should have CFP certification, or the PFS credential as well . Other financial education or designations are desired, but not required.
– Base salary $60,000/year – $80,000/year, based on experience
– Available bonus up to 12% of base salary, determined by meeting key Members Section metrics
– $3,000 budget for additional professional education or other training/skills education
– $2,000 budget for technology hardware/software or related office materials
– $2,000 conference budget
– Paid membership in Financial Planning Association and/or other relevant membership associations
– 12 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays
– Extremely flexible hours in virtual/remote office environment
Interested candidates for the Associate Financial Planning Nerd should submit their Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com, and may include an (optional) up-to-2-minute video to discuss why they are interested in the position as well.
See Yourself Working Here?
Sign up to be notified when positions open at Kitces.com or Michael’s other businesses.
Careers At Kitces-Related Businesses
For current job opportunities at XY Planning Network and our related businesses, click here.
For current job opportunities at AdvicePay, click here.
For current opportunities for financial advisors at New Planner Recruiting, click here.