January 29th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] A new automated group intake form has been added to the website.
- [FEATURE] A new page has been created for webinar events.
- [FEATURE] NPS survey has been added to the blog pages.
- [FEATURE] A notice of unsupported features for IE users has been added.
January 12th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Qualifying quizzes for CE credit have been updated.
- [FEATURE] Right-side navigation has been updated to hide sign-up requests if the visitor has already signed up.
- [FEATURE] Ethics has been added as a searchable category in the CE Course Catalog.
- [FEATURE] Link lists for Kitces speaking engagement landing pages have been updated.
December 29th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Certain Nerd’s Eye View Blog sign-ups have been removed if you’ve already signed up.
- [FEATURE] Social share buttons on blog pages have been changed to green to be easier to use.
- [BUG] Certain advanced author search would show author email instead of author name as the search term. This has been fixed.
December 15th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Added American College to our CE reporting. A new field in the user section has been added to support this.
December 1st, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Set up a feedback system for support tickets.
- [BUG] Some users were not able to signup for the Nerd’s Eye Blog from the right sidebar. This has been fixed.
November 17th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Updated podcast signup for new blog posts related to podcasts.
- [BUG] Logged in Basic members were seeing links to quizzes that they do not have access to. This has been fixed.
- [FEATURE] A new option has been added to the “Out and About” schedule page to filter between all events and only upcoming events.
- [BUG] Searching by authors in advanced search would give incomplete results when blog posts had multiple authors. This has been fixed.
November 3rd, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Set up automation between our webinar service and email system to speed up delivery of CE certificates after a webinar.
- [Bug] An update to our authentication broke the ability for members to update their certification numbers. This has been fixed.
- [Bug] Kitces authors were also showing up as guest authors in advanced search. This has been fixed.
- [Bug] When Basic members reached a Premier membership page, the error said their account expired. The text has been updated to reflect lack of permissions.
October 20th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Added advanced search options to blog search.
- [FEATURE] Improved Kitces.com email identification.
- [Bug] Fixed an issue with search engines indexing incorrect URLs.
- [Bug] Fixed an issue with search engines not finding the correct metadata for conference pages.
October 6th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Signup code has been improved for site optimization.
- [FEATURE] Streamlined backend reporting for CE credit.
September 22nd, 2020:
- [FEATURE] The backend code for login has been refactored to increase performance.
- [BUG] Nerd icon in print view was too large. This has been resized.
- [BUG] The print button was not working in Chrome and Safari browsers. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] If a user attempted to submit a search query after having already submitted one, no new results would appear. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] Right arrow buttons on sliders throughout the site were not advancing the slides. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] Several contact forms on the public side of the site were not appearing. This has been fixed.
September 8th, 2020:
- [BUG] Certain unnecessary elements were appearing in the “Print Version” of blog posts. Those have been removed.
- [BUG] Members who had their personal credit card expire after being upgraded to a group subscription erroneously received in-app messaging about needing to update their card.
- [FEATURE] Formatting for the quiz table headers has been improved to reduce confusion.
- [FEATURE] An additional question was added to the signup process asking new users how did they hear about Kitces.
August 25th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] The ability to rate blog articles on a 1 to 5 scale has been added to all blog posts.
- [FEATURE] Members who log in will no longer receive slide down/slide in requests to sign up for our mailing list
- [FEATURE] Quizzes are now tagged by category.
- [FEATURE] Quizzes can be filtered by category.
- [BUG] Google was indexing and showing Kitces notification banners in search results. This has been blocked.
August 11th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] The ability to rate blog articles on a 1 to 5 scale has been added (although not deployed to all articles).
- [FEATURE] Course catalog now links directly to individual CE quizzes.
- [FEATURE] The catalog has also been added as a link to the members’ home page.
- [FEATURE] A new alert for members who have credit cards that are about to expire (within 31 days) will appear on login.
- [BUG] Text for the blog search button was not properly aligned vertically. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] Users who sign up for the Nerd’s Eye View mailing should no longer be asked via slide down messages if they would like to join.
July 27th, 2020:
- [BUG] Some new users were not getting a proper account created to log into the members section. This has been fixed.
- [FEATURE] Ethics CE quiz is not list first in the Blog Quizzes section. It will be sticky to the top of the list.
- [BUG] A link to Weekend Reading blog category was unresolvable and causing errors for search engines and users. This has been fixed.
July 13th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Added “Nerd Notes” as a stylistic blockquote to the blog posts.
- [FEATURE] Created new styles for on-site announcements to the blog.
- [FEATURE] Upgrade to our backend subscription management system to enable more user-friendly features.
- [BUG] Fixed an issue where search engines were reading certain files twice.
- [BUG] Some members’ PTIN numbers were not saving properly. This has been fixed.
June 30th, 2020:
- [BUG] Ethics CE articles were only showing up in the CE Eligible blog category if you were logged in. Now all visitors will see the ethics CE articles there.
- [FEATURE] New consulting page has been released with Craig Iskowitz as a new consultant for Kitces.
- [FEATURE] CFP Board complaint post quiz questions have been added to the Ethics CE quiz.
- [BUG] A link that was provided after password reset would take users to a login screen with an error message. This has been fixed.
- [FEATURE] Blog posts that are CE eligible but do not have a released quiz yet will now alert logged in users that the quiz is coming soon.
June 16th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Added forms to add PTIN number to signup page.
- [BUG] Share buttons on mobile were stacked closely together. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] Some members were receiving multiple or incorrect. This has been fixed.
June 2nd, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Added the ability to receive Enrolled Agent (EA) CE credit.
- [FEATURE] Added a place in the member’s account information to add a PTIN number for Enrolled Agent (EA) CE credit.
- [FEATURE] Added the ability to list multiple job openings at once on the Careers Page.
- [FEATURE] Additional metadata added to blog posts.
May 19th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] The speaking page has been updated to better reflect virtual speaking opportunities.
- [FEATURE] Added “CE Eligible” as a blog category.
- [FEATURE] Improved feedback created in case of a user attempting to create a new account with a previously registered email address.
- [FEATURE] Added “Typo/Correction” as a contact option in our main contact form.
- [FEATURE] Added the ability to click-to-view larger versions of certain charts and graphs in blog posts.
- [BUG] Fixed blog posts meta description so that accurate information would appear in search engine results as the page description.
May 5th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Removed right sidebar in members section to give more room for content and quizzes.
- [FEATURE] Rebuilt XML site map for better searchability.
- [FEATURE] Automated members renewal information for record-keeping.
- [BUG] Blog posts with active CE quizzes were not giving links to the quiz for signed in members. This has been fixed.
April 21st, 2020:
- [BUG] Quiz certificates on second attempts were showing the score from the first attempt. This has been fixed.
- [BUG] Quiz statues were not updated after two failed attempts.
- [FEATURE] Updated the change email form for members to be easier to complete.
- [BUG] An extra white gap was appearing on many pages. This gap has been removed.
April 7th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] “Our Team” page was added to the top navigation that features all team members here at Kitces.
- [BUG] Home page blog articles always showed 0 comments even if there were comments on the article.
- [BUG] Some forms were showing disclaimers about CE credit even if the form was unrelated to CE (such as contact us).
March 24th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] A button was added to retake quizzes directly if the user failed the first time.
- [BUG] We fixed and streamlined the redirect links to quizzes. This also makes external links into the quizzes possible (with an authentication step).
- [FEATURE] Updates to how icons appear on Kitces.com to improve site performance.
- [Bug] Made changes to the process to automatically remind users their account is coming up for renewal. This process should be more consistent.
- [FEATURE] CE reporting to IWI is now reported by credit category type (General Financial Planning, Taxes & Regulations, and Ethics).
March 10th, 2020:
- [FEATURE] Multiple improvements to page load speed, especially for mobile devices.
- [BUG] Fixed missing icons on several pages including pricing page, members’ section, and blog posts.
- [BUG] Some Basic members could not access new webinar quizzes. This has been fixed.
- [FEATURE] Created an improved user experience for expired quizzes, including better communication to end-user about the status.
- [BUG] Standardized column width on speaking schedule page.
- [BUG] Conference listings were incorrectly showing up in onsite search results. This has been fixed.
February 25th, 2020:
- [BUG] In some cases password autofill software was incorrectly populating the search bar with the account name. A fix was released to reduce this likelihood.
- [BUG] “Nerd’s Eye View” category was added as an option to the blog dropdown in the main navigation.
- [BUG] Quizzes with two failed attempts were not listed correctly to the end-user. Now a “Did Not Pass” notice along with a strikethrough over the quiz name will appear to notify the user that the quiz is no longer available due to too many failed attempts.
- [FEATURE] A spam checker was added to the blog email share feature to prevent nefarious use of our share feature.
- [BUG] Hotmail, Outlook.com, and MSN email users were not receiving password reset emails. This has been fixed.
- [FEATURE] “Nerd’s Eye View Praise” rotation in the right bar has been set to rotate for a maximum of three times to reduce distractions while reading Kitces content.