Kitces Financial Planning Value Summit 2021
See What Real Advisors Are Doing To Demonstrate Their Value
Registrants of the December 8 Summit have been sent a recording to the live event.
See How Successful Advisors Demonstrate Their Value To Clients
The transition from “pure” investment management services to providing more holistic financial planning has been underway for more than a decade, as advisory firms either try to expand their value to defend against fee compression, or increasingly offer advice as a standalone service to generate standalone advice fees.
Yet the challenge is that historically, financial planning was always paid via subsequent product implementation, or as a part of an AUM fee… such that advisors have never had to ‘prove’ their financial planning value the way they do now with a more fee-for-service approach.
At the Kitces Financial Planning Value Summit, you’ll have a chance to see what successful financial planning value looks like, with a unique behind the scenes look at real financial advisors’ efforts to demonstrate their value in their marketing, their financial planning process, and their ongoing advice services.
30-Minute Real World Conversations with Advisors Who Know What Success Looks Like
Each guest will screenshare their actual financial planning deliverables and show how they communicate their value to prospects and clients.
Explaining Your Financial Planning Fees On Your Website
In her session Dana will show advisors:
- How she went through the process of branding her website
- How Sensible Money markets their financial planning value on their website and builds trust through education content
- How the firm showcases its services on the website and helps web visitors connect the value of financial planning services to a very transparent fee schedule
Using A Financial Planning Proposal To Show Value To Prospects
Mark will show:
- How the AdvicePeriod team creates and delivers proposals to SHOW their financial planning value to prospective clients
- The questionnaire that prospects complete and how the results are used to build the proposal
- A sample proposal, the different sections, and the technology used to build and deliver it
The One-Page Financial Plan
Jeremy will show:
- The process for creating the One-Page – the workflow that powers it, technology he uses, and where it fits in his new client workflow.
- The actual One-Page Financial Plan deliverable with a discussion of each section
- How the One-Page Financial Plan is created for a new client, what inputs are required and how it’s implemented and maintained
Crafting A 'Beautiful' Financial Plan Unique To Your Advisory Firm
Mike will share:
- His actual “beautiful custom financial plan” and the step-by-step process for how it’s created
- The spreadsheet he built to generate the Sankey diagram that summarizes a client’s cash flow
- How he uses the client calendar to mark milestones instead of “tasks” to be completed
Showing Your Ongoing Value With An Annual Stewardship Report
(in Collaboration with Susan Strasbaugh)
- The actual Client Stewardship Report template created by Buckingham
- Where the vision and values generated during the LifeDiscovery conversation get incorporated into the deliverable
- How he uses financial planning software to create the report
Systematizing Your Ongoing Value With A Client Service Calendar
Matthew will show:
- The quarterly invoice he uses to show clients their transparent fee
- The most popular value-add deliverables he has created and sent to clients over the years
- The process for creating those value adds and the spreadsheets/technology he has created to help make the process efficient
The Summit Recording is Available for Purchase
A Recording of the live event has been sent to all registrants.
If you did not receive your recording, please email us at [email protected]
Kitces Premier Members receive 25% off the General Admission Ticket Price
with a Kitces Member Code.
Kitces Premier Member Price
General Admission Price
Interested in becoming a Premier member? Click here to learn more